Entry to Chile from abroad
It is your responsibility to ensure that you and all members of your party are in possession of all necessary travel documents, and in compliance with any other immigration requirements, before you travel.
Chile has removed all its sanitary requirements. The government determined that travelers entering Chile are no longer required to complete a vaccination affidavit or present travel medical insurance.
- Valid passport. Valid for at least 6 months after the arrival date.
- Check the following list of countries. All those listed “SI” in the REQ. VISTUR column require a visa to enter Chile.
- All Visa applications can be made online directly on the Chilean Ministry of External Affairs website (Spanish). You can choose between English and Spanish. Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be reviewed by the Chilean Consulate you select in the application.
- Tourist VISA for Australian citizens: For information on visa criteria and a link to the application form, see E-visa para Australia (At the top right of the website select your preferred language).
- Proof of funds: Passengers who enter Chile as tourists have to prove solvency for themselves and their dependents during their intended stay by presenting the total amount in cash, a bank account statement, a credit card statement or other lawful means of subsistence. The minimum amount required is US$46 per person / per day.
- A Travel Medical Insurance is not mandatory to enter Chile; however, we highly recommend passengers take out travel insurance. Your insurance should provide cover against personal accidents, medical expenses, emergency repatriation and personal liability as well as any adventure activities not covered under a standard insurance policy.
If you plan on visiting Easter Island, we recommend that you review our link with the Requirements for Entering Easter Island
If you plan on visiting Argentina, we recommend that you review our link with the Requirements for Entering Argentina
If you plan on visiting Bolivia, we recommend that you review our link with the Requirements for Entering Bolivia